The Presidente Sarmiento was a British-built Argentinean training ship of 2850 tons displacement launched in 1898. The Presidente Sarmiento was a three-masted sailing ship also fitted with a coal fired Yarrow boiler providing a top speed of 15 knots and a range of 7200 km at 10 knots. The Presidente Sarmiento carried a complement of 294 and had accommodation for 400 boys. The Presidente Sarmiento was armed with three 4.7 inch guns; one 4 inch gun; two 6-pdr guns; two 3-pdr guns and three torpedo tubes. In 1939 she was replaced as a training ship by the La Argentina, but was retained and was still in service in 1940.
Research Presidente Sarmiento
Search for Pictures and Maps Related to Presidente Sarmiento